Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Drop me by the waterfall


Just drop me by the waterfall, and say goodbye to me beneath it's moonlit flow.
Just walk me up the mountain, and leave me to find my way down to the valley below.
Take me in an aeroplane, and drop me out the hatch, put me in a cellar far away, and just forget the latch.

I'll find my way, don't you mind, I'll find it by and by
I'll be alright, on my own, and trust, I'll never be alone

But keep me close, and don't forget, that I'm not here to die.
So let me be, and let me go, and let me ride the starry sky

Seek me in the black night and shadowy branches, in every place of dark
And find me in under the river's stone and between the spread feathers of the lark

Remind me to follow, and to keep the pace, and don't let me forget to cover my face.
Remind me that there's always another day, and another way
For me to find my way home.

For I've traversed this globe, and I've done it without you
I've watched for myself, and done what no one else would do.

And I've waited and wandered, within and without,
To and fro, ceaselessly seeking one without doubt

To put it loudly, I've been ignored and neglected without just cause
But, just because.




No comments: